Have you ever been in a situation when you need to get your plants out of pest infestation but don’t know about the best insecticides for use in the home?
Generally, your plant gets less healthy when you over-water it, keep it away from light, or dehydrate it. But the problem occurs when you take care of these all things, yet your plant gets dry as dust.
If you also have suffered from this kind of situation, then here we come with the solution! This happens because of some insects. These pests can be just as hungry as their outdoor counterparts and grow in ideal conditions.
10 Best Insecticides for Indoor Plants
This article is about all the possible pest infestation problems and the best insecticide for indoor plants. So, keep reading this to clear all your confusion!
1. Bonide Insecticidal Soap
Bonide Products INC Ready-to-Use Insect Soap is perfect for lazy people who want to have the best insecticides for use in the home that works for different plants. Rather than the alcohol homemade Insecticides, this product is highly beneficial for regular uses to let you know how to manage insects on indoor plants.
Non- toxic Insecticide
The Bonide products are far from solubility and are regarded as the best insecticides for use in the home. They are made from all the organic ingredients that ensure that it’s a non-toxic, eco-friendly concentration. So, they will consider your confusion about how to control your indoor plants and the pests that come along with them.
- As a contact spray, the Pests are sprayed directly.
- Organically controls insects on houseplants.
- Approved for organic gardening
- Indoor/Outdoor use
- It kills insects in minutes and is known as the best insecticide for indoor plants.
- Natural insecticidal soap that is reliable.
- You can use it in homes, gardens, and greenhouses.
- Not recommended for Aphid attacks.
- After a couple of uses, it doesn’t take care of the white mold and lantern fly babies.
2. Garden Safe Insect Killer
If you are looking for the best natural insecticide for indoor plants rather than traditional chemicals, this is your best pick!
The product has been derived from all the natural chemicals to become the best insecticide for indoor plants. Use of Pyrethrins about 0.02% and Piperonyl Butoxide of 0.20% guarantees their oath and your better houseplant journey.
Before using the spray, you will find an option to turn the canto. Turn the spraying nozzle to the “Spray” portion. Start spraying in a way that the upper part and lower one get in touch with each other.
Never spray directly in less than 15 inches to the plants. Hold the plant leaf by leaf and spray on each surface. Remember to stand at least 24 inches of distance.
- It has an ideal size of 24 fl oz.
- It safeguards your entire garden.
- Kills on contact.
- Enough liquid to use for a whole season.
- These best natural insecticides for indoor plants are helpful to cut down on your gnat problem.
- Results in the instant death of the fungus.
- It can even kill whiteflies and bugs.
- Plants remain healthy throughout the process.
- The spray is not very responsive and needs multiple pushes to get a spray out.
- Spray sometimes becomes unusable after ½ to ¾ of usage.
- You need to spray it every day for the best results.
3. BioAdvanced Fungicide Miticide
When you are unsure which pest has affected the plant, but you need to know how to manage insects on indoor plants, BioAdvanced Spray is your safest option. This Fungus killer spray is specially categorized to kill all the pest infestation of indoor and outdoor areas.
The product also ensures a safe environment as the best insecticide for indoor plants with a better user manual. So, you can use it for a long time and also have proper guidance.
Diseases the 3 in 1 BioAdvanced Sprayer Prevent
This spray is an essential weapon to prevent all your houseplant diseases. Though it can fight against any common insects, the manufacturers have specifically drawn a line to some conditions. One of those is Anthracnose. It is a fungal disease that directly affects leaves and appears in the spring when the weather is wet.
BioAdvanced Insecticide Fungicide Miticide can cure this harmful disease with just one teaspoon of concentration. It answers why it’s regarded as the best insecticide for indoor plants.
- It has three features- 24 oz. Ready-To-Use, 32 oz. Ready-To-Use, 32 oz. Concentrate.
- One container of 32 oz. The ready-to-Spray product treats up to 192 roses.
- Cures and prevents fungal disease like- Anthracnose, Black Spot, Leaf Spot, Petal Blight, Powdery Mildew, Rust, and Scab.
- Controls Spider Mites.
- It’s a “Science-based” product that ensures better safety.
- The plants will look strong and healthy within 7 to 10 days.
- You will see the difference after applying this stuff twice or thrice.
- It works beautifully without harming plants.
- Though it’s the best natural insecticide for indoor plants, it’s not recommended to use around people who have lung problems.
- It might have some leaks on the packaging.
- Not recommended to use with alcohol homemade Insecticides.
4. Diatomaceous Earth
Diatomaceous Earth is a powder made from fossilized marine phytoplankton to let you identify how to manage insects on indoor plants.
The concentrations used in this best insecticide for indoor plants are enough to kill the pest infestation but, in contrast, healthy for pets and humans. They give you the packaging in stainless steel, where others only pack it in lock bags. As a whole, this product is wholesome for securing your favorite houseplants.
One of the oldest ways of improving plant processes is the use of fertilizers. Modern chemicals are primarily made up of three essential elements for plant nutrition: nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus.
Other essential nutrients to grow your plants, such as sulfur, calcium, zinc, boron, copper, and magnesium, are often used in fertilizers.
This agent is mixed at a decent rate to make this spray the best natural insecticide for indoor plants. An anti-caking agent is a typical additive found in different powdered and granulated foods and materials.
Besides, this same ingredient is also helpful to improve the ability of this best insecticide for indoor plants to resist micronutrients.
- Usable around your home, as a rubbing alcohol homemade Insecticide, in your garden, and even on your pets.
- Packaged with stainless steel
- Registered for organic use.
- Derived from organic resources.
- Removes any parasite within five days.
- Easy to mix and follow the MSDS.
- No harmful material is found.
- Better for both your garden and yourself.
- It seems to lose its capability after the first season.
- Doesn’t entirely remove the spider mites.
5. Safer Neem Oil Concentrate
If you seem to be very confused and concerned about the best natural insecticides for indoor plants and have health issues, Safer 5182-6 Brand Neem Oil Concentrate is the only option for you.
According to the renowned gardening company BK Bumpkin, “It harms the biological and reproductive systems of insects but is completely safe to humans.” We know that Neem oil is used as a popular organic source to cure our health issues and a remedy for indoor plants.
The Safer Brand Store concentrated on that topic and finally researched this element to launch the best insecticide for indoor plants. They used a lot of ingredients, among which each one was organic and safe.
A Multi-Use Lawn & Garden Spray
If your plants are in your greenhouse, lawn, or home, neem oil serves a dual function. This biodegradable, used as alcohol homemade insecticides, repels insects and kills a variety of fungi.
Safer Brand Neem Oil Concentrate is a fungicide used to prevent and treat various plant fungal diseases. You can apply this one directly as it’s regarded as the best natural insecticide for indoor plants.
- Makeup to 16 gallons of spray.
- OMRI Listed and compliant for organic gardening.
- Operates as an insecticide, miticide and fungicide.
- It has a dual purpose for your plants, whether they’re in your garden, lawn, or inside the house.
- Control black spots, spider mites, aphids, whiteflies.
- Kill insect eggs, larvae, and adult insects.
- Destroy the overwintering eggs of various insects.
- This product can be used to control powdery mildew and black spot on plants and Japanese beetles.
- The bottle is very tiny in size that creates confusion about the actual quantity.
- Not recommended for herb gardens.
- Not that much is adequate for an extensive infestation.
6. Mighty Mint Peppermint Oil
Mighty Mint Peppermint Oil is a popular insect repellent that doesn’t settle on protection for your indoor plants. This concentration contains all the natural supplements which are safe for pets and family. As a whole, this one-stop solution works as a bucket of significant advantages and proper safety.
Mighty Mint Spider Repellent has launched this product where they’ve used peppermint oil as the primary element. It is advantageous to stir any type of pests out of the plants or even walls. You can spray it once a week or use it on cotton balls and then wipe the leaves off.
- Extra concentration for long-lasting durability.
- Natural Ingredients that have been shown to work in practical life.
- 16-ounce bottle.
- Non-lethal Repellent.
- Animal friendly and smell like a fresh winter piece of gum.
- Safe for people and pets.
- Easy to use for its high- concentration.
- Recommended for all your fabrics, walls, and shelves.
- If you don’t like the smell of peppermint, you might be irritated with this product.
- Plastic Spray Bottle
- Spray Bottle sprays way too much from 1 spray.
7. Trifecta Crop Control
Trifecta Crop Control is one of those pesticides that will work as the natural pesticide, fungicide, and miticide altogether. Combining all the essential oils in one specific concentration is created to prevent and defeat pests, mold, and mildew. They also use nanotechnology that ensures you about breaking down the pests’ exoskeletons for good.
As we’ve already discussed, the manufacturers have collected all the nano-particles with proper concern. Another good side of this product is, it’s biodegradable.
The Trifecta company never wants to compromise on eco-friendly service to offer better insecticides. So, this component is safe for the environment, as well as effective in killing insects.
- Made with the nano-size essential oil blend and all-natural ingredients.
- Usable during all growth cycles.
- Effective for mold, mildew, and mites.
- It safeguards your garden, indoor, as well as outdoor plants.
- It doesn’t leave any residue on the plants.
- It’s all-natural, so it’s safe for pets.
- It covers most problems you usually encounter without adding more environmental toxins.
- Great for prevention and non-invasive to the plant.
- Does not eliminate the black aphid problem at a considerable rate.
- It’s very light in depth, preferable for leaf and soil, but it runs out quickly.
- Works excellent on fungus but not on bugs.
8. EcoRaider Ant Killer & Crawling Insect Killer
Specially designed as a weapon against ant repellent, this EcoRaider insect Killer works in all the areas of insect problems. All the components used in this are entirely toxin-free and organic. This 16 oz killer bottle is perfect to use for your indoor houseplants where people or pets live or to carry within your journey.
It’s effortless to use directly on the insects if they are visible. Or else, you can spray on their entry paths to ensure 100% killing. But keep it at a safe temperature for long-term use.
While freezing, never keep it under 32 degrees Fahrenheit of temperature. You can spray 5 to 10 times each season with one bottle of spray.
- Disrupts trailing activity of any household insects.
- Prevent any contaminants from entering your plants.
- Lab & Field was proven for organic gardening.
- Effectively blocks the Octopamine receptor that only exists in invertebrates.
- Kills ants and other insects on contact.
- Natural – can be used around kids and pets.
- A minimal scent is only noticed after leaving and returning to the house.
- Starts working in less than an hour.
- Expensive compared to the elements used in other products.
- Doesn’t eradicate the pests entirely.
- The spray seems to lose its effectiveness after a couple of weeks.
9. Dr. Killigan’s Non-Toxic Insect Killer Spray
When you spray a bottle of insecticide on your plant, the surroundings get infected by it. The manufacturers tend to bring out some good quality products, but those remain limited for only pets and children.
Dr. Kiligan’s Six Feet Under is one of the first Insect Killer sprays that has all the materials to secure foods and even birds or fish from any harm.
So, the concentrations used in this best insecticide for indoor plants are enough to kill the pest infestation but, in contrast, healthy for pets and humans.
The name itself notifies you of the six-legged bugs on the top list of the houseplant insects. This type of pest infestation takes a long time to go, but with this product, It’s the opposite!
From caterpillars to spider mites, this all-purpose insecticide can kill any of the insects. This product is unique because of its 3 in 1 formula- insects, disease, and mite all can be prevented with a small amount of this spray.
- Sturdy industrial trigger sprayer with mist and stream options.
- Fast-acting formula.
- Food, family, and pets are safe.
- Subtle aroma of cinnamon and clove.
- The product kills moths, fleas, ticks, and more.
- Complete insect protection that ensures proper safety.
- Made of Eco- friendly ingredients.
- The bottle is of a good size, and the spray is a good steady stream.
- You have to be a sharpshooter to use this effectively.
- It needs to be sprayed repeatedly.
- If you are sensitive to some specific smell, this is not going to be for you.
10. Sticky Trap Fruit Fly Trap
To combat flying pests and gnats, you can’t ask for a better option rather than this 12 Pack Sticky Trap. Though it’s on the last of our list, we couldn’t resist adding it to complete this review. Especially colored in bright portions to attract the pests, this package works as one of your best options when you are confused!
You can use it the very day you buy it. There is no need to tie it with a rope or plastic. Just insert the tapered edge portion inside the soil and wait until it catches bugs.
This comes in a multi-packaging style to ensure you get a perfect product. This one is effective against black spots on roses, powdery mildew, anthracnose, leaf spot, botrytis, and vine, twig, and tip blight.
- High and low temperature resistant and waterproof.
- Bright in color to attract flying insects.
- Prepared with non-toxic elements.
- Waterproof still adhesive after washing.
- Easy to use into the soil without harming the plants.
- High-quality glue prevents insects from escaping
- Affordable to buy.
- It doesn’t have a specific user manual.
- You might have a problem making them stand straight.
Conventional Bug Sprays vs. Homemade Bug Sprays for Indoor Plants
There always has been a solid competition between these two types of sprays as the best insecticide for indoor plants. On one side, where homemade bug sprays for Indoor plants are safe to use, commercial ones give a quicker result. But the question is, why use natural pesticides for indoor plants? Or Why Use Manufactured Sprays?
We’ve got some fundamental differences and characteristics that each one possesses to manage insects on indoor plants. Having a look at this table might help you choose one according to your preference-
|No||Homemade Bug Sprays for Indoor Plants||Conventional Bug Sprays for Indoor Plants|
|01.||It can be made by all the common elements found at home.||Most of the ingredients are imported and manufactured.|
|02.||Uses all the natural ingredients.||Uses chemicals mostly.|
|03.||There is no limit of usage process on the plants as it causes no harm||Applied is quite restricted and only can be used on some specific plants.|
|04.||Gives you a slower result that works effectively for a small amount of time.||It gives way quicker results with effectiveness for a long time.|
From this table, it’s easy to say that the best insecticide for indoor plants is better and why to use natural pesticides for indoor plants.
How to Control Your Indoor Plants and the Pests that Come Along with Them?
As houseplant pests can reproduce quickly, it’s important to notice every symptom you may encounter to consider how to manage insects on indoor plants. Take a deeper look if you discover an indoor plant has suddenly changed its usual reproduction of color. The possibility is, it has already been a victim of insects!
Following are some specifications and preventive measures following the topic of best insecticides for use in the home.
These ingestion insects are one of the most common in both indoor as well as outdoor plants. Aphids will cause root- rot, curly leaves, browny shade, and imbalance growth of your plants. They will undertake all your food that you feed the plants, and in the end, your plant is the one to suffer.
How to Identify?
Aphids are of thousands of categories. That’s why they are known as the most common ones. They change their structure when they become adults. Older Aphids don’t usually have wings. However, some can grow wings if needed in the jungle areas.
Ways to Control them
First, choose one type of pesticide for use. Also, consider why use natural pesticides for indoor plants or why use commercial ones. After having your answer, get ready to proceed.
- The first and easiest way to control Aphids is to use a mixture of soap and water. It works as the best insecticide for use in the home.
- The use of Neem oil is also way more natural and works instantly than the other prevention element.
- Rubbing alcohol is not so known but an effective solution to your lovely houseplant.
- Also, you can use Homemade Bug Sprays For Indoor Plants.
The other most common bug we get to see in warmer climates is- Mealybugs. The bugs have a long mouthpart used to suck the tissue named- Stylets. They are so small to spot that you will feel them like a drop of water.
How to Identify?
Generally, adult Mealybugs are wingless. They are soft and have a yellowish body color. Adults are almost ¼ inch long and prefer to live in a definite area.
Some species have illustrious projections in the corner of their body. It gives you the thought of having many legs on one side.
How to Get Rid of them?
If we want to answer the question of “How to Control Your Indoor Plants and the Pests that Come Along with Them,” at first, we need to ensure using the best natural insecticides.
So, why use natural pesticides for indoor plants? These bugs generally are attracted to organic soil materials like- fertilizer. Their structure and color offer them some extra on that note. They harm the plants by sucking their sap which results in yellow or brownish leaves.
- The very first step is to stop overwatering and feeding chemical fertilizer. So, keep that in mind when you are concerned about the best insecticides for use in the home.
- Take the help of natural predators like- ladybugs or any homemade bug sprays for indoor plants.
This harmful creature belongs to the category of Arachnid. So, they can not be called insects.
Primarily, they are affiliated with a family named “Tetranychidae.” That’s why they are tiny and have different colors.
How to Identify?
Spider Mites are very hard to see from a distant place. The pest is of oval size and is very pesky. They have a unique ability to double their creature within a short time. So, if you see the brown spots on the leaves, more and more with white webs, be sure of Spider Mites.
How to Get Rid of them?
- Once you are confirmed about the disease, you have to isolate your specific houseplant from the other ones and spray the best insecticides for use in the home.
- Use an effective spray once a week.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of dish soap and neem oil in 1 liter of water. Then spray it every single day for up to 1 month with proper concern.
If you are interested to know more, check the latest article – How To Get Rid of Spider Mites In Soil
Buying Guide- A complete guide to Buy the best Insecticides
After knowing all the best product specifications, you are ready by now to buy one, right? But there are again some initial things you need to consider before deciding on one. Following are some topics you need to pause on and see.
A spray works effectively or ineffectively depending on the components used in this. If you are looking for a spray to erase mites from the garden, you can choose a cheaper one with chemical materials.
But when it’s about safety, try to check on the sprays with non-toxic ingredients. Also, when the concentration is a bit thick, it would help you to apply directly.
We know that all you want regarding this topic is proper treatment and eradication as soon as possible. But the truth is, insecticides that work quicker than usual can cause damage to your plants later.
So, read the online reviews and see how much time and tolerance those products have. Remember to decide on buying something that won’t do anything unusual. Only then will it be perfect.
Every product has a label on it. Before buying a specific spray, read that once. You’ll find all the user manual and safety precautions there.
Only buy it when there is a “CAUTION” sign because it’s low in toxicity.
What is the Best Insecticide for Houseplants?
The Bonide Products read- to- use Insect soap is the best natural insecticide for indoor plants regarding all the essential requirements.
Specially manufactured for dual usage, this product is anyone’s first choice to serve all the purposes at once. Fatty acid salts from plants destroy insects when they come into contact with them.
Houseplants, herbs, flowers, and fruits thrive in this setting. Bonide products have all the organic materials that fight against these things and offer you a healthy plant like earlier.
The highly water-soluble insecticides are more likely to contaminate surrounding rivers, lakes, streams, wells, and storm sewers because they pass around in the climate. But Bonide is entirely made of organic materials to control plants from any pests that grasp the leaves and cause brown rotten marks.
Providing long-lasting and non-washable protection, Bonide Systemic insect killer kills many houseplant pests like mealybug, fungus, gnats, aphids, and more. Roses, herbs, trees, shrubs, and ornamentals will all be safe from this treatment.
Why are there Bugs in my Indoor Plant?
If you Overwater plants in a warmer ambiance, it is possibly the main reason you have bugs in the indoor plants.
A familiar and comfortable place for the bugs to invest in is the moist ambiance. A piece of soil that is over moisture than average temperature attracts the bugs. There is a common bug named fungus gnats. This pest is mainly seen in those indoor areas where you keep them warmer.
The adult species look like white mosquitoes, and you might ignore those thinking like an ordinary, non-poisonous insect. But in the end, they’ll become your headache!
You can take some steps by altering the conditions in your pots. To make them less conducive to fungus-gnat-larvae survival, this procedure is way more effective. That means watering less often and allowing the top inch or two of soil to dry out.
Are Coffee Grounds Good for Houseplants?
Adding some extensions and then using the coffee grounds is the best way to use coffee grounds for better houseplant results.
Coffee grounds are a very resourceful portion to get your plants a healthy look. But this is also the cause of over moisture. So, before using a specific component, it’s essential to know its usage.
Coffee grounds are usually granules that compact quickly. If you use them as powder on top of the potting soil, they can create a deep layer that confines moisture. It will cause a barricade between the average growth of your plants and the softness of the ground. In this way, you’ll get a massive attack on your favorite plants, causing fungus on them.
So, coffee grounds can work as one of the best Insecticides for use in the home only if you follow these rules precisely.
Having a houseplant as a source of happiness always rejoices in our minds. But what makes it hard is when unknown bugs attack them and you can’t get rid of them with commercial or alcohol homemade insecticides. We have talked about all the possible ways to prevent your houseplants from them. Now it’s your turn to apply it!